Job type: Full-time, permanent – (shift cycle to include weekends)
We currently have an opportunity available for a customer focused, energetic Assistant Maintenance Technician. This is a live-out position and requires that the Assistant Maintenance Technician work every other weekend and be on-call some evenings. As the right person for this role, you’ll need a customer service-oriented approach, a sense of pride in your work, attention to detail, initiative, and safety awareness. You will also be enthusiastic to be a member of our team, and eager to learn. Relevant experience is important.
The Assistant Maintenance Technician will work under the direction of the Facilities Manager, and will ultimately report to the Property Administrator; responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the Maintenance Technician Manager with the ongoing maintenance and operations of the building.
- Develop thorough knowledge of the physical building and all its HVAC, M&E and plumbing systems.
- Review manuals for all equipment and understand the workings of individual components and systems.
- Ensure full knowledge of the Fire Safety Plan, the fire alarm system, and its components (such as wet/dry sprinklers, fire-pumps, generators, elevators etc.).
- Assist the Maintenance Technician Manager in performing monthly fire alarm and generator tests and fire equipment inspections throughout the building.
- Assist the Maintenance Technician Manager with performing minor mechanical repairs, including basic preventative mechanical maintenance and common elements repairs.
- Daily emptying of garbage and recycling bins.
- Some cleaning, and maintenance of the Garage area.
- Seasonal outdoor work – light shoveling of snow and minor landscaping maintenance duties on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure Tenant satisfaction by delivering a prompt, courteous service and completing all work in a professional manner.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Maintain up-to-date records and daily work logs; must be computer literate.
- Be on call outside of regular scheduled hours and on weekends.
- Cleaning common areas of building (hallways, stairs, elevators, amenity spaces).
- Prepare apartments for new residents.
- Other duties as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service delivery.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Friendly and positive attitude with a professional demeanor.
- Proven maintenance and cleaning skills.
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy objects (up to 50lbs for cleaning and maintenance purposes).
- WHMIS, Working at Heights, Standard First Aid qualifications would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work weekends as part of a rotational shift is a mandatory requirement.
- There may be the need to respond to emergencies during normal hours of operation or out-of-hours.
If this is you, please submit your resume and letter of application explaining why you may be an ideal candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted directly. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process; please make needs known in advance.
Job Type: Full-time