Lépine is an industry leader for the development of new luxury residential rental properties. We are leading the way in creating a refreshing standard of living, unique in today’s rental markets and we are pushing the boundaries in designing efficient buildings and building efficiently. We create high value, premium rental properties from the ground up and control every step of the process. This rigorous attention to detail is key to our success.
Lépine is looking for an experienced Construction Site Superintendent with mid-rise or high-rise experience. The Superintendent will work closely with the Construction Manager to deliver the project on time and within budget.
The Superintendent will be responsible for all functions of the job site as it relates to day to day on-site construction activities. They need to be able to manage multiple subcontractors from site development through occupancy while monitoring job costs, construction quality and scheduling.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Initial job site set up (Construction Fence, Trailer, Temp Elec., etc.)
- Plan and direct construction activities of the Subcontractors
- Supervise a site team which may include an Assistant Site superintendent, Site safety representative, Quality Assurance inspector as well as a team of laborers to ensure orderly site operations.
- Monitor project to ensure it is built per plans and specifications
- Prepare RFI’s to communicate with Consultants as required.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements.
- Ensure that a high level of quality is maintained with ongoing inspections of work and ensure that deficiencies are rectified in a timely manner
- Ensure that required municipal inspections are scheduled in a timely manner so as to avoid delays and provide inspectors with any information they require.
- Lead a constructive weekly site meeting with trades c/w minutes.
- Maintain daily log of site activities, providing details on trade’s progress, counts of personnel on site, deliveries, visitors, etc.
- Be familiar with the specific scopes of work of all trades and confirm that they are followed.
- Manage all site documents including plans, specification, Site instructions, consultant reports and municipal inspection reports. Ensure that subcontractors are notified of any changes.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a construction superintendent
- Experience with and understanding of mid-rise or high-rise construction
- Experience in multi-residential construction or similar
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Knowledge of local building codes is require
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.