Reports To: Vice President
At Lepine we define and design entire buildings, from their systems and components to every design element of our premium, resort-style, multi-family apartment communities while continuing to innovate and improve our use of technology and materials.
The Design and Engineering team is comprised of highly skilled and engaged Architects
and Engineers. As an integral part of the team, the Electrical Engineer will be involved in a broad range of projects and activities.
This role offers a significant opportunity for professional growth and expansion of knowledge while working alongside a team of premier builders with a proud and well-established reputation for being leaders in residential construction in Eastern Ontario.
Thrive in a collaborative environment where communication is key to successful teamwork.
Possess the determination to drive your own learning and to keep up with emerging developments within the industry as well as the firm by continually seeking innovative ideas, technologies and solutions that will enhance our capability to outperform within the industry.
Are customer centric and solutions focused; by understanding our client’s expectations for a luxurious lifestyle while balancing cost-effective construction and maintenance for the ongoing viability of our properties.
You seek excellence in the accomplishment of your work and take pride in the knowledge of a job well done.
Focus of Responsibilities:
· Work will be split between office duties and site inspections.
· Design and draft various building systems including but not limited to normal and emergency power distribution, electrical, lighting and controls, fire alarm, cabling, security, energy, telecom, and audio-visual system for new residential rental projects.
· Identify and prevent design issues; find and share viable solutions on an ongoing basis.
· Work closely with architect and other consultants as required.
· Work closely with construction team to ensure design questions and issues are dealt with in real time.
· Review shop drawings.
· Review construction site electrical, fire alarm and other relevant systems and other on-going work to ensure compliance with design, specifications, and industry best practices.
· Record, communicate, and track all identified implementation defects.
· Provide construction progress of work assessments.
· Communicate effectively and consistently design concerns in a consistent and timely manner.
· Lead the start-up commissioning of new building systems.
· Manage your time and work efficiently and provide clear accurate progress reports and forecast timelines.
· Identify and propose process and method improvement to the building development life cycle from design through construction and maintenance.
· Keep abreast of new products and technologies and how they could benefit our operation.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills required include:
· 3-5 years relevant experience.
· Has an Undergraduate degree in Engineering; is enthusiastic and ready to learn; is an engaged contributing member of the engineering team; P.eng or E.I.T.
· Experience with AutoCAD required.
· Previous experience in Revit; OR the ability to quickly attain a level of expertise is essential.
· Strong technical skills with the ability to diagnose problems.
· Must possess detailed working knowledge of Ontario safety, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, National Building Code of Canada, and the Ontario Building Code.
· Must possess detailed working knowledge of CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
· A working level understanding of REVIT MEP 3D is considered a definite advantage.
· Previous experience preparing drawings and coordinating designs with other disciplines including architectural, structural, civil, and electrical.
· Previous experience sourcing and proposing new product options.
· Validating shop drawings.
· Exceptional attention to detail and a proven ability to effectively communicate with teams while working independently, effectively, and efficiently.
· Other computer skills; Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project.
· Drivers license & means of transportation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
8 hour shift
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)