Job type: Full-time – (shift cycle to include weekends)
We currently have an opportunity available for a customer-focused, energetic live-in Building Maintenance Technician Position. The Building Maintenance Technician position requires work every other weekend, including on-call requirements and month-end responsibilities. The role is responsible for the physical maintenance and safety of the building, property, and occupants. As the right person for this role, you’ll need a customer service-oriented approach, a sense of pride in your work, attention to detail, initiative, and safety awareness. You will also be enthusiastic to be a member of our team, and eager to learn. Relevant experience is important.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the physical building and all its HVAC, M&E, and plumbing systems.
- Review manuals for all equipment and understand the workings of individual components and systems.
- Ensure full knowledge of the Fire Safety Plan, the fire alarm system, and its components (such as sprinklers, fire-pumps, generators, elevators, etc.).
- Perform monthly fire alarm and generator tests and fire equipment inspections throughout the building.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs, including basic preventative mechanical maintenance and common elements repairs.
- Ensure building, amenity spaces, model suites, and grounds are kept clean and perform cleaning duties according to established standards and frequencies.
- Prepare and organize waste and recycling bins to maintain order and cleanliness in designated garbage areas. Move waste and recycling bins to prescribed areas on established pick up days.
- Seasonal outdoor work – light shoveling of snow and minor landscaping maintenance duties on an as-needed basis.
- Complete apartment inspections as needed, including review of apartments at turnover and ensure the apartment is prepared for the next occupant.
- Ensure Tenant satisfaction by delivering prompt, courteous service and completing all work in a professional manner.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Supervise, direct, coach, and train other staff.
- Maintain up-to-date records and daily work logs; must be computer literate.
- Be on call outside of regularly scheduled hours and on weekends.
- Other duties as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years related experience in a maintenance or superintendent role correcting and resolving various problems related to water, lighting, HVAC, and other systems.
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service delivery.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Friendly and positive attitude with a professional demeanor.
- Proven maintenance and cleaning skills.
- Able to lift, push, and pull heavy objects (up to 50lbs for cleaning and maintenance purposes).
- WHMIS, Working at Heights, Standard First Aid qualifications would be considered an asset.
- The ability to work weekends as part of a rotational shift is a mandatory requirement.
- There may be the need to respond to emergencies during normal hours of operation or out-of-hours.