Desired Skills & Experience:
The Planning & Coordination Manager will be responsible for all activities in support of corporate land planning needs and to ensure applications, reports, approvals are completed to ensure the advancement of development activities.
The Planning & Coordination Manager will work closely with both internal and external Engineers, Architects, and Consultants.
Reports to: The President
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a planning and development role for multi-
residential and mixed-use projects in urban areas.
- Minimum of 5 years comprehensive experience with blueprints.
- Private Sector experience a must with additional Public Sector experience an asset.
- A related degree/certificate in Planning or Civic Engineering.
- Experience working with Official Plans, Zoning By-laws, Site Plan Agreements,
Subdivision Agreements, Road Encroachments, Noise Permit, Traffic Management,
Committee of Adjustment in the City of Ottawa and other Ontario municipalities.
- A high-level comprehension of plans for both legal and civil engineering.
- A comprehensive understanding of the approval process, reports requirements,
sequencing and coordinating.
- A positive and productive relationship with city staff, officials, and consultants.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to and learn new planning, design, and approval processes.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills, including report/letter writing,
dealing communicating with city officials, members of the community and associations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and responsibilities at the same
time in parallel within a production environment.
- Dedication to the main purpose of role; organizing the information flow between
third party consultants and government authorities.
- Proficiency in; Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat/Reader and use of calendars,
project management systems and checklists.
- Valid Driver’s License and willingness to drive regularly to municipal and consultant
offices for meetings and consultations.
In general, Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish Pre-development schedules including itemized steps, reports, studies, and
any other items required for each process stage.
- Responsible for all aspects of development approval applications and registrations
up to commencement of construction including Official Plan amendment, zoning
amendment, Committee of Adjustment, Plan of Subdivision, Site Plan Control and
Building Permit applications.
- Monitoring industry discussions at GOHBA, such as the Builder Developer Council
- Analyzing and advising on zoning status and site constraints of new development
- Oversee and distribute the flow of communication and information required
between all instances involved in the entitlement process.
- Maintain a status report for the President and Executive Board of the evolution of
- Direct, coordinate and liaise with consultants.
- Responsible for the coordination of consultants for their production of plans and
reports required for the submission and approval of development applications, in
conjunction with the Lepine Design team including applications for zoning,
subdivision, site plan, excavation permits, foundation and/or superstructure permits
and full building permits.
- Communicate with senior staff (both privately and municipally) confidently and
- Liaising with municipal staff, neighboring owners, and community organizations as
necessary to advance of any issues related to the development.
- Assist with presentation materials at public meetings as required for the community
acceptance of the proposal which may happen in conjunction with any potential
a marketing approach that may be undertaken in parallel by the enterprise.
- Advocate in the best interest of the Company at all times.
- Other potential avenues of the role may include sustainability reporting and