We are Growing!
Positions available in Barrhaven
Property Manager Job Description
Lepine Corporation is an industry leader for the development and management of new luxury residential rental properties. We are leading the way in creating a refreshing standard of living, unique in today’s rental markets and we are pushing the boundaries in designing efficient buildings, and building efficiently. We create high value, premium rental properties from the ground up and control every step of the process.
We are looking for a talented, dynamic leader with experience leading teams, and overseeing the day-to -day operations of properties and their staff.
The ideal candidate has a proven record of overseeing Multi-Family Residential Buildings.
The candidate’s principal responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the management of the operation of a portfolio of multi-residential properties
- Oversee staff to ensure properties are well maintained and ensure all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Work with staff to ensure vacant apartments are leased, according to leasing procedures
- Arrange to schedule hearings for all appropriate matters with Landlord Tenant Board and ensure adequate representation
- Provide support to and supervise staff associated with the portfolio including conducting annual performance reviews
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Constantly motivate and develop site staff
- Manage performance to established standards
- Ensure the timely collection of rent
- Initiate follow-up where payments are not made and initiate and attend to legal and collection as required
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to:
the Residential Tenancies Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code and
Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Complete weekly availability and traffic reporting as required
- Ensure ongoing compliance with current codes, technical safety
standards and legislation
- Ensure your portfolio is operating safely and efficiently
- Ensure that accurate, timely, and complete documentation is maintained
- Be available Monday to Friday during the day as well as on call for
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas and would be able to demonstrate the attributes described below:
- Minimum 7 years experience in a property management role
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
III. Strong written and verbal communication skills; confident interacting in a leadership role.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong computer skills for job-related functions including use of Excel, Outlook, Word and various job-related software programs.
VII. Ability to be on call for emergencies.
VIII. Keen attention to detail, cleanliness, and the standards. Observant and meticulous.
- Excellent communication skills: can understand, organize, dissect and communicate information effectively.
- Provide clear, well-articulated and actionable reports that can be used to track progress of issues.
- Strong planning skills: can create clear, detailed and well-organized plans for work activities
XII. Self-motivated and striving for excellence.
XIII. Able to work in a fast pace environment.