Building Operations Manager Position Brief Job Description
Lepine Corporation is an industry leader for the development and management of new luxury residential rental properties. We are leading the way in creating a refreshing standard of living, unique in today’s rental markets and we are pushing the boundaries in designing efficient buildings, and building efficiency. We create high value, premium rental properties from the ground up and control every step of the process.
We are looking for a talented, dynamic leader with experience leading teams, administrating files, inventories, and conducting audits while also delivering onboarding and training on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic and has a proven record of overseeing project management and cleanliness and service standards in a busy and multi-facility environment.
The candidate’s principal responsibilities will include the following:
· Manages the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department including maintenance and cleaning of the building.
· Maintains the highest standards for maintenance and cleanliness throughout the properties.
· Manages and orders supplies for the maintenance department.
· Project manage significant damage repairs or maintenance projects assigned by the Property Manager.
· Analyzes budget variances and develops action plans for improvement.
· Sets annual goals and objectives for the department and evaluates and reports
· Coordinates and administers uniform distribution.
· Participates in the hiring, training and orientation of the maintenance and cleaning
team members while ensuring work is managed effectively.
· Executes all performance management responsibilities including 90-day reviews,
annual performance reviews, coaching, re-training, and progressive disciplinary
action of the maintenance department.
· Prepares New Team Member Checklist for all new maintenance department hires
and customizes it to meet the needs of the position; ensuring all documents have
been received and are submitted to employee dockets before the start date and
before the completion of probation and as needed on an ongoing basis.
· Provide maintenance department with guidance, direction, and performance
feedback to promote and ensure a high standard of service.
· Schedule hours and assigns duties in the maintenance department. Ensure any
conflicts are resolved.
· Actively participates in creating and delivering training programs.
· Ensure cost recovery on tenant damage repairs
· Develop an offering of services-for-hire for tenants, promote, and project manage accordingly
· Determine which maintenance requests/items are chargeable and ensure proper billing and collection.
· Assists the Properties Manager with developing the annual business plan by providing input regarding the maintenance department, operating budget, capital plan, and the staffing and training plan for new properties as well as existing.
Ensuring Service Excellence:
· Conducts monthly, quarterly maintenance audits, health and safety audits, quality assurance audits and compliance audits.
· Provides guidance, feedback, and communication to the Properties Manager on all issues that present a risk to the Company, Properties, Team Members, and/or Tenants.
· Works closely with other departments/peers to develop, coordinate, and maintain high levels of communication providing excellence in service and ensuring the continued engagement of the team members.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas and would be able to demonstrate the attributes described below:
I. Minimum 5 years management experience in a service-oriented environment.
II. Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills; confident interacting in a leadership role.
III. Strong time management skills
IV. Strong project management skills
V. Strong computer skills for job-related functions including use of Excel, Outlook,
Word and various job-related software programs.
VI. Ability to work flexible hours and some weekends and be on call for
VII. Keen attention to detail, cleanliness, and standards. Observant and meticulous.
VIII. Excellent communication skills: can understand, organize, dissect and
communicate information effectively.
IX. Provide clear, well-articulated and actionable reports that can be used to track
progress of issues.
X. Strong planning skills: can create clear, detailed, and well-organized plans for
XI. Self-motivated and striving for excellence.
XII. Able to work within a fast pace environment.
XIII. Experience overseeing tasks, quality control reports, and performance
XIV. Strong customer service and negotiation skills.
Expected start date: 2021-01-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday
Management: 5 years (Preferred)